- When someone begins a sentence with "there is a choice you can make here".
They don't approve of it.
They also know that their approval is somewhat important to you, at least as a vote of confidence, and by offering you a choice, they're trying to change your decision.
However disheartening it is going to be to change your decision, its going to be much worse when you cannot hold "someone" responsible.
Because... it was a choice that YOU made. They didn't make it for you. And oh yeah, they would've been happy for you either way.
- You get up deciding to have a snack at favourite restaurant x on your way back from classes on the way to work.
In effect you neither get ur snack or savour the pleasures of being let off class earlier than usual.
At this point, I usually go to a store and get myself a granola bar, nibble at the granola bar and ruminate on the humour of it all.
- You slept early so you can get up in time.
And you think maybe if
- You slept late, you can get up in time.
- You spot a guy who looks ok, can talk well but not so much that your head is filled with white noise, who listens, who seems to know why he is the way he is, lets others around him be whoever they want to be, and generally seems to have a higher level of maturity and you think maybe...
Well, if the above are the only sucky things happening now, I must say that life can get so much worse (and this list can get much, much longer).
When the dog bites
When the bee stings
When I'm feeling bad
I simply remember these ominous things
And then I do feel pretty glad!