Thursday, November 12, 2009

Name your price

How much for the rain to not tease
The sky's message, he whispers to the leaves
Those words so dear
That I barely hear
Those frivolous plans of the starry seas

How much for a month's calm breeze
For the waves to flutter above my knees
The dolphins must come and dance
The shark be dismissed with glance
And unto eternity, all the dark forces must freeze

How much for a year's lease on peace

****

And for a quick dose of reality
(Adapted from pat-a-cake; pat-a-cake)


Online buying for dummies



Package it Package it
Packer's man

Mail me a packet
As fast as you can

Mix it and bill it
and mark me a fee

And there will be plenty
for bankers, NOT me


And here's the original .....

Pat-a-cake, pat-a-cake,
Baker's man!
Bake us a cake
As fast as you can,

Mix it and prick it
And mark it with B,

And there will be plenty
For baby and me.

No comments: