Tuesday, September 07, 2004

Frankly speaking....

Unpolished mirrors - I remember reading a long time ago about how friends need to be like well polished mirrors. Mirrors that show you as you are. No aberration that hides something, no magnification that exagerrates your flaws, no hint of bias, no attempt to be diplomatic. The truth is the truth. Any attempt to smoothen the edges, to trim the uneven strands takes it away from being what it is. It becomes a lie. A fib, fiblet a nanofiblet, whatever it is, it simply isn't the truth anymore. And real friends must speak the truth.

I do not care much for those perfectly polished plane mirrors. I'd really rather look at silhouttes and speculate the rest. In any case, unpolished mirrors can be silvered when I'm ready for brutal, naked truth. Someday, I'll be able to get out of my cocoon and accept that not all the world's a white warm blanket. Until, then, my world's an endless unpolished mirror, where I am just a shadow, a formless silhoutte.

No comments: